Fluorosis: Disease Profile
Fluorosis is a crippling and painful disease caused by intake of fluoride. Fluoride can enter the body through drinking water, food, toothpaste, mouth rinses and other dental products; drugs, and fluoride dust and fumes from industries using fluoride containing salt and or hydrofluoric acid.
Fluorosis can occur as
- Water-borne Fluorosis (Hydro Fluorosis)
- Food-borne Fluorosis
- Drug and Cosmetic induced Fluorosis
- Industrial Fluorosis
Fluorosis can affect young and old; men and women alike.
Fluorosis occur as
- Dental Fluorosis
- Skeletal Fluorosis and·
- Non-skeletal Fluorosis
Fluorosis is a public health problem required to be managed by both Medical and Public Health Engineering Professionals (i.e Water Supply Implementing Agencies).
The information provided shall be of immense value to:
- Medical and Dental Professionals
- Public / Patients
- Public Health Engineers and Water Chemists
- Researchers and Scientists
- Policy Makers and Administrators